Multiple shields

I have a question. What happens if an hero received multiple shields? for instance, i am controlling Razorback, he uses taunt, then he received an armor pack from Caine, then Butter uses defender shield and also razor is inside Castellan’s Shield wall. Will the shield be become greater or it depends who summons the last shield?

for better understanding the post, consider this:

(1) Do shields apply sequentially or simultaneously (series or parallel)?
Eg. If a hero has two shields applied that each absorb 10k of damage for a max of 10s. Does that mean the result is:
(a) a shield that absorbs 20k for a max of 10s,
(b) the second shield applies after the first runs out. So, if the first shield is not depleted, the combined shield will last 20s,
© other.

(2) Building on #1, if a hero has two shields that absorb a percentage (50%) of the incoming damage for 10s. Is the result:
(a) a shield that absorbs 75% of damage for 10s,
(b) a shield that absorbs 50% for 20s, or
© other.

(3) Again building on #1, let’s say a hero receives a shield that absorbs 10k damage and expires in 20s. 5s later, they receive a shield that also absorbs 10k but expires in 10s. Does the damage they receive apply to the shield that
(a) was applied first (b) was applied last
© expires first (d) expires last
(e) damage is split between the two shields
(f) other.

(3) Let’s say a hero has a shield that, when depleted by damage, triggers an ability. Does that affect its prioritization?
Eg. Let’s say Razor is shielded by an ally. He then activates his own shield. Do both shields now need to be depleted to trigger his ability?

@Guest

Just Curious though :sweat_smile:

In your scenario,

Razorback lives.

Unless Anvil is in play, then

Razorback dies.

3 Likes

:joy: hahahah… nice nice… but the question is, will the shield be multiplied?

as someone playing 5 tanks
i believe it will go shield wall >> armor pack/countermeasure >> defender shield >> razor taunts

next time i’m gonna observing more

but, the thing is, will the other shields remain??? or will it be replaced? im just a little bit confused of how the shields work when an hero received multiple shields…

i think it will be remains until the duration over

I’ve wondered questions similar to this as well. I’ll try to organize them succinctly:

(1) Do shields apply sequentially or simultaneously (series or parallel)?
Eg. If a hero has two shields applied that each absorb 10k of damage for a max of 10s. Does that mean the result is:
(a) a shield that absorbs 20k for a max of 10s,
(b) the second shield applies after the first runs out. So, if the first shield is not depleted, the combined shield will last 20s,
© other.

(2) Building on #1, if a hero has two shields that absorb a percentage (50%) of the incoming damage for 10s. Is the result:
(a) a shield that absorbs 75% of damage for 10s,
(b) a shield that absorbs 50% for 20s, or
© other.

(3) Again building on #1, let’s say a hero receives a shield that absorbs 10k damage and expires in 20s. 5s later, they receive a shield that also absorbs 10k but expires in 10s. Does the damage they receive apply to the shield that
(a) was applied first (b) was applied last
© expires first (d) expires last
(e) damage is split between the two shields
(f) other.

(3) Let’s say a hero has a shield that, when depleted by damage, triggers an ability. Does that affect its prioritization?
Eg. Let’s say Razor is shielded by an ally. He then activates his own shield. Do both shields now need to be depleted to trigger his ability?

Ohhhh you were talking about an actual game-mechanics question…

The way you said “what happens” to your Razorback… I thought…

Heheh.

Let the experts handle the mechanics stuff. We need @GTSaiko @Sogui and some other guys.

Not me for sure!

1 Like

thanks for your great wonders @Guest… now that explains the topic… hihih :slight_smile: i added your thoughts to the post…

1 Like

hahahaha,… so thats how you get my words @Sing… hihih… sorry… im bad at sort of elaborating things in English… hihihih

Anvil isn’t good against Razorback, he’ll just deplete his shield faster making it more likely Razorback will have time to use it more often.

1 Like