The halo nerf went too far

I beat the Halo/Baron combination quite often myself, even on auto. A good Dogface put an end to Baron pretty fast.
It got impossible when Cinder and/or Caine joined. The damage output was just to high and you cant kill them all fast enough to put an end to that. you could survive it for some time with Nightingale in your Team, but you had to be really lucky to win against.
Sure you can build a anti Halo team now, but i dondt think tahts the intention, to either have one specific team, or the counterpart to it.

I dont know if you just dont know better, or if you are tolling/spamming…

Hivminds drones never shot lightining and he wasnt nerfed, he was buffed…

Fantastic updated this Halo Nerf was badly needed.

Playing high level it was impossible to play with any Bio.

Now I am seeing Maulers, Mavens, Salvatore’s, Cross, Phoenix all come into play. It’s far far better now, hell I even won a match with Artemis 8)

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for you feedback. We are actually having a discussion on a related topic. I’ll make sure that this is on the agenda.

2 Likes

Thank you Huginn, it’s nice to know you guys are listening and following the boards :slight_smile:

Halo is still very strong… Even without the crazy synergies she’s scoring v high damage and great healing.

Hivemind drones (with plat Halo) shot lightning before and they still shoot lightning …

I know what he meant, but he was flooding the forum with his hard to read demands, so I wasnt really into explaining.

I think the biggest lesson for the devs to gain from this is donthe nerfs right away don’t let us play Wright them for a month or two before the fix, it makes everyone clamour after the hero only to finally have it nerfed

I don’t have a plat Halo but I am building one (Currently 3 gold stripes). I agree that the nerf went too far. Because:

1. Halo is not really a huge issue in PVP. In fact, mandrake is a bigger headache in pvp than Halo. You just have to kill the halo plat triggers. Baron is a soft tank. Same with Savage.

2. Nerfing to the ground is never the solution. Customers spend weeks building towards a goal and it always sux when it suddenly implodes.

3. Halo lightning party is fun to watch. It’s one of the more consistently fun things to watch in the game. Haha and this is from someone who is still building towards a plat halo.

Well overall, I still don’t agree with general nerfing of characters. The past few months, I felt that the nerf for matador and gammond were definitely not required. They should be balancing other heroes or provide counters instead of nerfing stuff.

Like I statet before. The Problem isnt the Halo/Baron combination. You can kill that quite easy. THe real problem is, if a hero like CInder joins. You cant kill both quickly enugh.

Ever played againt a Halo, Caine, Baron, Cinder team? There is no chance to kill them. Caine will shield Baron or Cinder and his shield will let Halo proc, too.

2 Likes

Baron is great if you combine him with keel and another healer he is not useless like you said

Baron needs more health i think to make him more usefull without halo
And from what i heard spawnable units stil have this problem. i didnt see it but if this is the case this should be gone. it should only work with abilities that deal directly damage

Add keel to the party and unlimited health, stagger, silence, root, lagg and death, my 8/10 stars die under 30 seconds

Also, just fought a halo, doesn’t seems she’s useless to me

Yes hahaha and you can even say Halo, caine, baron, cinder, mandrake, and I dont see how unfair that team is that halo needs to be nerfed too much. I go for caine (just have to attack wisely when he gets invis from mandrake) and then baron. Then it falls apart. I think there are more cancerous combinations than plat halo.

But again, that’s my experience. For me, I just don’t see plat halo as a problem.

Please tell me which team you use to do so. I doubt that you kill a team like that, without a similar team.

Im not talking about 5* Silver Heros, more about 7* Platin Heros

I’m also wondering what he used

Baron needs improvments in armor or health!!! If a popular hero been nerfed heavy, all playes must receive compensations. In my opinion. Otherwise it’s a robbery during day light!!!

Logically, if you guys are saying that a whole team becomes useless due to one single character, then that character was definitely overpowered.

Halo was great at Gold, and she will still be useful at Plat with the nerf. The spirit of the way her Platinum ability was written was probably never meant to include passive abilities. Wording issues, and interpretation issues in games exists in every game, and corrections will always anger those that used to take advantage of it.

The issue of Baron and Cinder being useless is another issue all together.

2 Likes